Recipe of the Week: Crock Pot Beef Rib Stew
Crock Pot Beef Rib Stew
I absolutely love the cold weather and there is nothing better to go with it than a savory beef stew.
Louisiana seasoned ribs or rib of choice
2 cans of yellow corn
1 yellow or white chopped onions
2 cloves of garlic
2 cups green beans (optional)
2 -3 potatoes (I used Russet potatoes)
1 bag of frozen mixed vegetables
2 cups celery
2 cups beef broth
salt, pepper, onion & garlic powder 2 cubes beef Bouillon
(1) In a hot skillet, or with an indoor grill brown ribs on both sides turning once for about 2- 3 minutes on each side, or bake ribs (according to directions)
(2) Sauté celery for 5 minutes or until softened. Add onions and garlic until they become translucent. (use 1-2 tablespoons butter or oil)
(3) In skillet add 1 tablespoon of butter whisk in 2 tablespoons of flour. Add 1 can of beef broth and continue to stir until thickened and lump – free.
(4) Add everything to pot with remaining ingredients & season with salt, onion, garlic powder, and parsley flakes. Bring to a boil if using a pot and cover and cook for 2 1/2 – 3 hours.
If using a crock cover and set on desired temperature and cook until done.
Check periodically during the cooking process and add more water, if needed. Adjust seasonings and soup consistency.
(5) Continue to cook for until done.
Can be eaten with rice, mashed potatoes, cornbread or crackers.