Recipe of the Week: Cheesy Enchiladas
2 lbs. Ground beef
36 corn tortillas
1 can beef broth or 1 cube of beef Bouillon
2 tbsp of flour
1 large pan (or condense to whatever size or portion you may need)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or whatever kind you prefer)
1 small chopped onion
2 cloves of garlic
Salt & pepper
Onion & garlic powder
2 large cans of enchilada sauce (I used Mild La Victoria)
1. Brown ground beef and drain off fat. Add onions, garlic, salt & pepper, cilantro and taco seasoning. Cook according to directions. You can also add some of your enchilada sauce.
Once your meat filling is done set aside.
2. In a warm skillet (lightly oiled), sprinkle with flour allow the flour to brown but being careful not to burn because if this should happen, trust me you will have to start all over again. Whisk in the beef broth and continue to whisk until it becomes thick. Add in a little water at a time if the mixture is too thick. Pour in the enchilada sauce. (you will need to reserve some just in case you may need more for later) Once it has reached your consistency, set aside.
3. In a warm skillet (lightly oiled), begin adding the tortillas. (cook no longer than a minute on both sides because you will need them to be pliable enough for rolling) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4. Spray pan with cooking spray.
5. Add filling to the tortillas and continue until all tortillas has been filled and rolled.
Tip: If you don’t want any meat then use pinto or black beans and cheese instead.
6. Once all has been poured over with prepared enchilada sauce mixture top with cheese, black olives, and green onions. (optional)
7. Cover with foil (to prevent sticking spray foil with cooking spray). Place in preheated oven for about an hour or so until cheese is bubbling.
8. Remove from oven and allow to sit for ten minutes (if you can)
Sour cream goes well with these.
The Creative Kitchen
Like me on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram
Watch me on YouTube @Yolanda Prichett
Got a comment or compliment, or would like to share a recipe send me an email at email@example.com