Recipe of the Week: Quick Oven Baked Steak
Oven Baked Steak
Steak cut of choice
Skillet (cast iron preferably)
Onion and garlic powder
Oil and butter
A good steak does not require a lot of seasoning nor prep time. There are some things in life that doesn’t need much to be good and steak is one of those things.
1. rinse your meat under cold running water only (using hot water tends to cook your meat).
2. Blot with paper towel.
This is a good time to get your skillet fired up with oil. I used 3-4 tablespoons (we’re not trying to cook it we’re only pan searing before putting it in the oven).
3. Season well with salt and pepper on both sides, also season with onion and garlic powder.
4. For more flavor just before putting your meat into the skillet you may add a pat or two of butter (optional).
5. Now add meat and cook on both sides for 5-6 minutes (each side). This is the most important part of the cooking process because leaving your meat alone will ensure you a crusty and more delicious piece of meat. (Do Not Touch or Turn over until you have achieved as much sear as desired)
6. Now that you have gotten your desired results and if you like medium rare meat you will not need to put into the oven. Just let your meat rest until it’s time to eat. However, if you’re like me and want yours well done place your meat into baking dish that has been greased with butter. Put a pat or two of butter on top of the meat along with parsley (optional), into a preheated oven set at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes or you can broil your meat for 3 minutes on both sides.
7. Remove your meat and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
Serve with your favorite sides. For me it was green beans and a baked potato with all the fixings.
The Creative Kitchen
Follow me on Instagram
Like me on Facebook
Watch me on my YouTube channel
Got a comment, question, or concern email me at firstname.lastname@example.org