Recipe of the Week: Sweet and Sour Chicken
Sweet and Sour Chicken
This meal comes with an enormous amount of aromatic flavor and taste yet it’s very simple to make. Want to know how? Then come along with me into my Creative Kitchen!
1 lbs. Chicken (I used thighs but you can you also use the breast it’s up to you)
1 red and 1 green pepper
1 yellow onion
Oil for frying
1/3 cup of Cornstarch
1 cup chunky pineapples and juice (optional)
Salt and pepper or soy sauce
Sweet and Sour Sauce:
In a medium bowl whisk together:
1/3 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup ketchup
1/2 cup rice vinegar or white vinegar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
Whisk together and set to the side until ready to use. You can also buy sweet and sour sauce (it’s up to you).
1. Cut up chicken into bite size pieces (either season with salt or marinade with soy sauce)
2. In a large freezer bag toss chicken with cornstarch making sure all pieces has been coated with cornstarch. Afterwards, place in refrigerator until ready to use.
3. Add about 3-4 tablespoons of oil to wok, or skillet. While heating, cut up peppers and onions each into “1” chunks
4. Add chicken to hot skillet and cook 3-4 minutes on both sides being careful not to overcrowd your skillet. Once chicken has cooked put onto a cookie sheet or plate (do not use paper towels to drain the grease.
5. Once all chicken has been fried, with the remaining oil, add onions, and peppers and sautee until just slightly tender (you don’t want mushy vegetables….cook for about 1 minute. Then add the sauce cook until slightly thickened).
6. Add pineapple chunks and juice along with the chicken and cook for a minute or two more.
Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds (optional)
Enjoy with your favorite side of rice or noodles or both it’s up to you!
The Creative Kitchen
Like me on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram
Tweet me on Twitter or watch me on my YouTube channel
Got a question, comment, or concern email me at email@example.com