Chevrolet Introduces First-Ever Mid-Engine Corvette
2020 Stingray is the fastest, most powerful entry Corvette
Chevrolet revealed the 2020 Corvette Stingray, the first-ever mid-engine Corvette. The entry 2020 Stingray continues that tradition as a no-compromise value proposition, as it will start under $60,000. The 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray goes into production at GM’s Bowling Green Assembly in late 2019. Additional pricing and packaging information will be shared closer to launch.
The new mid-engine layout gives the 2020 Corvette Stingray:
• Better weight distribution, with the rear weight bias enhancing performance in a straight line and on the track.
• Better responsiveness and sense of control due to driver positioning closer to the front axle, almost on top of the front wheels.
• The fastest 0-60 time of any entry Corvette ever — less three seconds when equipped with Z51 Performance Package.
• A race car-like view of the road due to lower positioning of the hood, instrument panel and steering wheel.
• Dual trunks for a total of 12.6 cubic feet of cargo volume, ideal for luggage or two sets of golf clubs