Bakersfield Brand New Day’s Specialized Programs Meet Needs Of Medicare Eligable
As more and more Americans are becoming Medicare eligible, many find themselves overwhelmed by myriad options available to them. Brand New Day, a Medicare Advantage prescription health plan available in 12 California counties, has an experienced team dedicated to helping Medicare beneficiaries, their families and/or caretakers sift through the various benefit options so they can find one that best meets their needs.
For instance, in addition to Brand New Day’s Classic Care and Classic Choice Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug HMO programs that offer all of the benefits of original Medicare plus many programs and services beyond what is offered by Medicare alone, Brand New Day also offers Special Needs Programs:
· Embrace Care and Embrace Choice Plans (C-SNP HMO)— Treats those with heart disease, hypertension and/or diabetes.
· Harmony Care and Harmony Choice Plan (C-SNP HMO) — Addresses members with mental illness including major depression, schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, bipolar disorder and paranoid disorder.
· Select Care Plan (I-SNP HMO) — Specializes in caring for members who live in participating long-term care facilities.
· Bridges Care and Bridges Choice Plan (C-SNP HMO) — Specializes in caring for dementia and Alzheimer’s patients.
Brand New Day members with chronic illnesses are not only treated medically but are offered such services as:
· Education about the member’s chronic or ongoing medical conditions and avoidable risks
· Self-testing and monitoring
· Medication adherence to doctor orders
· Preventive care planning
· Linkage to community support programs
For qualifying members, it covers transportation to and from medical appointments; vision, dental and acupuncture services; 24-hour/day nurse and physician line; and health and life coaches.
Brand New Day is the Medicare product name of Universal Care, Inc., a privately held California Knox-Keene Healthcare Service Plan licensed by the California Department of Managed Health Care and contracted with the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services as a Medicare Advantage contractor. Universal Care, Inc. is owned and operated by an experienced group of managed care executives and physicians. Universal Care, Inc. was founded in 1983. For more information, visit BNDHMO.com. Brand New Day is a HMO SNP with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in Brand New Day depends on contract renewal.